Support Worker – Reablement
Salary: £19,312 – £19,698 per annum pro rata
Hours: Full Time or Part Time Opportunities, Permanent Contract
We’re looking for caring people to join our local team, as part of a service that helps to prevent unnecessary hospital or nursing care admissions.
To us, you’ll be known as a Promoting Independence Assistant, as you’ll play an active role in helping people to recover their independence at home.
You’ll focus on helping people do things for themselves again.
As you spend time with the people you’re supporting, you’ll identify what they can do for themselves, and help them build their skills over time– whether it’s using equipment to enable them, or by offering encouragement and guidance.
Day to day, you’ll:
- Drive to the homes of the people you’re supporting (we’ll pay mileage rates for your travel)
- Spend time working with them in line with their development plan
- Record the work you’ve done, and any progress made
You’ll be supporting people with personal care activities where needed, such as washing, dressing and toileting, so we’ll provide you with PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) and weekly Covid-19 testing.
Who we’re looking for
The good news is that you don’t need previous formal care experience to apply, as we’ll give you all the training you’ll need.
You’re a natural communicator, and a caring person by nature. You’ll enjoy building strong relationships with people from all walks of life, working with them over time to give the support they need.
To be a success, you’ll have:
- Experience of working in a people facing environment
- An understanding of the types of behavioural, physical, social or welfare requirements that people may have
- A valid UK driving licence, with 8 points or fewer
What’s in it for me?
You’ll be entitled to our full benefits package, including:
- 25 days annual leave (pro-rata) rising to 30 days after 5 years’ service, plus bank holidays
- Membership of a Local Government Pension Scheme
- Discounts at a number of restaurants, shops and gym membership
- And much more!
We’re committed to supporting our residents to live healthy and independent lives in their community. By offering short-term intensive support in partnership with NHS colleagues and our care providers, we help people regain independence during the period of support.
We’re an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all sections of the community. We’re proud to be a Disability Confident Employer too – Disability Confident is helping us recruit and retain great people in our teams.
If this sounds like the right opportunity for you, please click on the apply button to find out more.